Botox® Pre-Treatment Instructions:
- AVOID alcoholic beverages for 24 hours before your appointment. Alcohol can thin the blood and increase bruising.
- AVOID anti-inflammatory, blood-thinning medications in the two (2) weeks before treatment. Examples of blood-thinning medications include NSAIDs (such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen) Omega-3s, St. John’s Wort, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, etc.
- Schedule important events 7-14 days after treatment. It takes some time for the results to fully settle in and you may have some initial bruising, although it’s unlikely.
- Reschedule if you have any active skin infections (e.g., cold sores and rashes).
- Remove makeup before your visit.