We all know that Botox is used for wrinkle lines on the forehead, the “11″ frown lines between the brows, and crow’s feet around the eyes. But, as you will learn later in the article, depending on the age you begin Botox treatments, you can either smooth out wrinkle lines and take years off your face OR actually prevent and pause the visible effects of aging.
Even the common areas of the face that Botox treats require a skilled injector with extensive experience. A professional takes the time to consider the look a patient wants to achieve, the issue they want to resolve, as well as the patient’s age, to determine:
- What amount to use
- What areas to inject (and not inject)
It’s all about the right balance. The face has many nerves, veins, and arteries, and your injector’s knowledge and experience are paramount.
Other areas that Botox can address but are not as common, like the neck or chin, require even more experience. Balance, skill, and safety are everything.
Let’s look at essential considerations to address BEFORE you have your first injection:
- Do you want zero movements in your forehead lines or around your eyes to maximize the anti-wrinkle appearance? Or do they want some movement for a more relaxed but softer effect?
- Do you want to focus on the prevention of deep expression and aging lines? What are your long-term goals for aging and Botox?
- Do you want to follow the “Rule of Decades” and make sure your face AND neck match in age?
- Do you know how long the effects of Botox last?
- Do you have a condition that Botox addresses effectively that is not medical, not just cosmetic?
Possibly the most important thing to understand about Botox is ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL. Your objectives, expectations, age, and short, medium, and long-term goals, all should be factors before you have your first injection. This takes time and focus.
An experienced, artful injector will interview you in detail before beginning your Botox:
- What look is optimal for you?
- What areas are you most concerned about?
- What distracts you when you look in the mirror?
- What are your short– and long-term goals for Botox and aging?
- What are some alternative treatments that may provide a better outcome?
- To make sure you understand what areas need to be treated to meet your expectations
Price versus Value When Considering Botox in Scottsdale
If price is your foremost consideration for finding a Botox injector, look no further than Groupon or a friend’s Botox party. There are dozens, if not hundreds of cheap and discounted offers all the time.
The tradeoff for lowest pricing is a dangerous and cookie-cutter approach usually for the three main areas, the forehead, the “11’s” between the eyes, and crow’s feet. The downsides for price-driven Botox are:
- Too much Botox resulting in that “frozen” look that screams, “I’ve had Botox!”
- Too little or diluted Botox resulting in poor wrinkle control and/or wearing off early (most common)
- Botox injections incorrectly placed, resulting in a drooping eyelid or eyebrow – an undesirable change in appearance that will last for 3-6 months
- Inexperienced or “on-the-job” trained injectors lacking in medical knowledge
With price as your primary focus, make 100% sure your injector takes the time to understand you, your goals and your face. Rushed injections and the “Swipe and Stab” energy of Botox parties and Groupon shops are not conducive to safety or to optimal results. Remember, your face is what most people see first. Please think carefully before trusting it to someone just because they are “cheaper”.
The cliché “You get what you pay for” is so true with discount Botox.
Value Versus Price
Yes, this article is about value over price. Botox has become so popular that the market is flooded with parties, salons, spas that want to cash in on the demand. Unfortunately, that means many marginally qualified and even unqualified injectors are delivering Botox.
We get calls every week from people who had poorly placed Botox injections with embarrassing results. The most common issue we hear is that their injections did not last anywhere near the promised 3-6 months. It’s easy to cut costs when you underdose and over dilute the number of units needed.
To ensure you get the most value for your money no matter where you have your Botox:
- Insist on consultation before your first treatment. Leave if you do not get the time and information you need to feel your practitioner is the right person to entrust your face to
- Do not assume that because an injector is a medical person with a medical degree, they have the breadth and depth of experience doing Botox injections.
- Select a practitioner who knows what they are doing. Consider their track record, amount of experience as a medical professional AND amount of time as a cosmetic injector.
- Take care of your skin after Botox. Avoid things that can decrease the longevity of Botox-like sun exposure without sunblock, excess alcohol, and smoking, none of which are good for your skin at any time.
Remember, paying for the best possible and longest-lasting results by a top-rated injector means high value for the dollars spent. Especially if no one can tell the secret to a natural, younger-looking appearance.
The Art of Botox – Other Areas on The Face and Neck That Can Be Injected
And Botox is not just for women. Men have their own reasons for cosmetic injections. Did you know there are other areas of the face and neck that when, artfully applied, can:
- Smooth lines in the lower face such as the chin. Botox helps prevent the “orange peel look” and stops an unsightly chin crease from forming due to loss of collagen.
- Combine with laser resurfacing, Botox can relax the muscle and prevent some deep lines from coming back by being used before laser treatments.
- Smooth out neck lines and decolletage “bands” that give away age as much as the face.
- Prevent deep lines from forming in the forehead, between the eyes, crow’s feet, and the “necklace” lines in the neck (in younger skin) and new lines from forming.
- Freeze the bite muscle to stop grinding teeth at night and daytime gritting. Patients even report lower anxiety and stress and improvement in depression symptoms. And the face appears slenderer and more contoured as an added cosmetic bonus
- Stop excessive underarm sweating for 9-12 months.
- “Scrotox” to reduces scrotal sweating, creates a smoother appearance, and in the case of uneven testicles, can be used to create symmetry and hang evenly
If you are considering Botox in Scottsdale, we suggest scheduling a consultation with our RN injector, rated in the top 1% of cosmetic injectors in the nation since 2018. She will listen to your goals and give you a customized plan based on her experience and artistic eye. Her clientele, women, and men come from all over the nation for her magic touch.
She starts with a private consultation during which you may proceed with treatment in that same visit. Let’s get started on your journey to turn back the hands of time and pause aging today.
Are you ready?
*We do not quote prices over the phone.
"*" indicates required fields